Prerequisite Opportunity: Volunteer Reception Center Training
Disaster & Emergency Services,
Age Minimum (with Adult) - 16, Minimum Age - 16+, Skill Category - N/A
Volunteer Reception Center TrainingVolunteer Alexandria is looking for volunteers who would like to help run Volunteer Reception Centers (VRCs), should a disaster affect the Alexandria area. A VRC provides a central location where spontaneous, unaffiliated volunteers can go to be placed in volunteer positions to assist with disaster recovery.
Volunteer Alexandria will conduct a series of VRC Orientations at Volunteer Alexandria, the Charles Beatley Library, and the Ellen Burke Library. These VRC Orientations will provide a high-level overview of the following:
- What a VRC does and the role it serves under the City of Alexandria's Emergency Management Plan;
- How and when a VRC is activated; and
- How it is staffed and operated.
- Train command staff skills;
- Train VRC volunteer staff for multiple operational periods; and
- Demobilize VRC